Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 12 - Nicotine Free

I want to thank all my followers here on Blogspot.  Ok, I want to thank my one follower.  You've been wonderful!

I know, I know it's hard to leave a comment.  Ok people here is how you do it:
  • Create a free google account
  • Come back here and post the comment
  • Where it says Comment As chose your Google ID
  • Click on the Post Comment button
Seriously, I know I have more supporters than my one blogspot follower.  I was just giving ya'll a hard time.  I do appreciate everyone's support.  Not sure I could have gotten this far without everyone.

Walked through my first large group of smokers today.  Was a tad confused about it all.  The whole time I was walking towards my car I could smell it.  Wow does it carry a long way.  Part of me was thinking that smells kinda bad the other part was thinking mmmmmmmmmm a cigarette.  Ok, honestly I was thinking that I should have been thinking mmmmmmm a cigarette.  In reality I wasn't thinking that all.  I kept thinking I SHOULD want that cigarette, I SHOULD want that cigarette and I'll be darned.  I didn't want that cigarette.

All in all I'd say a pretty good day, don't you agree?

Interesting Facts:  

Each year, more successful ex-users quit cold turkey than by all other methods combined. Their common thread? No nicotine, just one hour, challenge and day at a time. The common element among all who relapsed? A puff of nicotine.

Trapped between nicotine's two-hour elimination half-life and a gradually escalating need to smoke harder or more, the dependent smoker faces five primary recovery hurdles: (1) appreciation for where they now find themselves, (2) reclaiming their hijacked dopamine pathways, (3) breaking and extinguishing smoking cues, (4) abandoning smoking rationalizations, and (5) relapse prevention.

Smoking Joke of the Day:

Isn’t having a smoking section in a restaurant like having a peeing section in a swimming pool?       

Day 12:
I have now stopped smoking for 1 week, 4 days, 22 hours, 32 minutes, 13 seconds.  At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 22 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds.

Cigarettes Not Smoked:  272
Money Saved: $81.80
Future Value of Invested Savings: $172.91

In My Lifetime:
Number of cigarettes I have smoked:251,850
Total amount I have spent on cigarettes:$75,555.00
Forgone interest earnings on money spent:$99,115.28
Total cost of my past smoking:$174,670.28

5 comments:

  1. love that now you will live almost an entire day longer....lord knows what you may do in that one extra day! seriously, that may be the day you save a life, win the lottery (ok so you have to play to win...but with all that extra money splurge and buy a few)..i still say you should make this into a short story for a magazine....cant tell you how happy i am that you had a good day....really, i am smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your doing better each day. I know last weekend was tough...I was on the other end of the grumpies. The joke of the day was pretty funny...I was walking through the Atlanta airport yesterday and passed the smoking lounge. Thought to myself "what's the point of the sliding door? The smoke was traveling down the entire concourse". Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I have 2 followers now!! And thank you Denise, you are always kind. Rene? What do you mean on the other end of the grumpies? I had the grumpies? Really??? LOL! And yeah the smoking lounge in Atlanta will kill ya. I used to not breathe out of my nose when I used them, hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm yes you were grouchy...Saturday night was just uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete