Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 11 - Nicotine Free

There’s almost nothing to write about today. Wasn’t overly edgy or jittery and only thought about having a cigarette a couple of times.  Cravings lasting only seconds now.  More like a fleeting thought than a craving.

Boredom seems to drive the thoughts of smoking more than anything else.  If I’m really busy running from meeting to meeting I don’t even think about it anymore. 

Changing the caffeine intake and eating breakfast really helped.  Now if I could only get some sleep, all would be wonderful.  

I never would have thought I would be writing about how easy the past few days have been, especially given how difficult last Thursday (day 6) and Friday (day 7) were.  That said….I really haven’t tested myself either.  I have yet to be around a smoker while they are smoking.  I know it will be tough.

I want to officially apologize to my brother-in-law who quit 5 years ago:  Sorry Rog.  If I had known I never would have been smoking around you.  You are one tough cookie to have put up with that and still stayed quit.  CONGRATS!

Interesting Facts:

Chemical dependency upon nicotine is probably the most intense, repetitive, dependable yet destructive relationship we've ever known.  It infects ever aspect of life.  Be prepared to experience a normal sense of emotional loss.  Expect to travel through and experience six different emotional phases:  (1) denial, (2) anger, (3) bargaining, (4) depression, (5) acceptance, and (6) complacency.

Successful recovery isn't about strength or weakness. It's about a mental disorder where by chance our dopamine pathway receptors have eight times greater attraction to a nicotine molecule than to the receptors own neurotransmitter. We call it the "Law of Addiction" and it states, " Administration of a drug to an addict will cause re-establishment of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance.

Smoking Joke of the Day:


Day 11
I have now stopped smoking for 1 week, 3 days, 17 hours, 16 minutes, 4 seconds. At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 20 hours, 32 minutes, 44 seconds.
  • Cigarettes Not Smoked:  246
  • Money Saved:  $73.95
  • Future Value of Invested Savings: $156.32


In My Lifetime

Number of cigarettes I have smoked:251,850
Total amount I have spent on cigarettes:$75,555.00
Forgone interest earnings on money spent:$99,115.28
Total cost of my past smoking:$174,670.28

2 comments:

  1. They say the spiritual control the physical, you have to understand that is true seeing what is happening around the world today you will see that it beyond the physical realm, so I have to protect my family members and myself from contacting this virus with protection spell. You too can protect your family and yourself from contacting the virus today with the protection spell. Contact Dr. Ekpen Temple today for the spell at ekpentemple@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete