Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 7 - Nicotine Free

Well this is my first ever blog.  It is really kind of weird since I have no idea who will be reading this except me.

I guess I should start by defining the objective of this here blog.  On Saturday, March 5th, after 30 years of smoking, I put the cigarettes down.  Hopefully for good.  I say hopefully because what you read about and what your dr tells you about how nicotine withdrawals will manifest themselves, feel, and affect you is a big ole PILE OF POO!!!

They say after 72 hours the cravings will start to subside...I say Poo.  I'm on day 7, that's 168 hours and the cravings are actually worse.

They say day 3 is the hardest....I say Poo.  Again, I'm on day 7 and so far this day has been the hardest.

They say drink more fluids, exercise more, stay away from the triggers.  How the heck do you stay away from the triggers when every blessed thing is a trigger?  And exactly how do you exercise more and eat right and all that jazz when you can't function because you are only thinking about one thing..........SMOKING!!

I have to say that this totally sucks.  Not sure how I got myself into this mess and I'm certainly not sure how to get myself out of it now.

My rant for now is over. 


Day 7
I have now stopped smoking for 6 days, 14 hours, 50 minutes, 12 seconds.  At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 12 hours, 41 minutes, 5 seconds.

  1. Cigarettes Not Smoked:  152
  2. Money Saved:  $45.64
  3. Future Value of Invested Savings:  $75.16
In My Lifetime
Number of cigarettes I have smoked:251,850
Total amount I have spent on cigarettes:$75,555.00
Forgone interest earnings on money spent:$99,115.28
Total cost of my past smoking:$174,670.28

4 comments:

  1. congrats on not buying cigs today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoping you make daily entries as i think it will be good one day to look back! hope today is better and huge HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vapesourcing.com is one of the world's leading producers of electronic cigarette products. The company was founded in 2014, and offers best customer service options through their live sales chat, toll-free number or email. Buy good product in https://vapesourcing.com/smok-rolo-badge-kit.html

    ReplyDelete