Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 8 - Nicotine Free

Yesterday was a helluva day.  I bet I used every excuse I could to justify having a cigarette.  From blaming how I felt on everyone else to thinking if I only had a few cigarettes a day it wouldn't be so bad.

Truth..........
  1. My fault, all of it.  I chose to smoke, I chose to quit.
  2. A few cigarettes a day would lead back to a pack a day.
  3. I don't physically feel as bad as I lead myself to believe.
  4. Stupidity appears in desperation.
Today is a new day, a different day.  I'm reducing the caffeine, eating breakfast and adding more fruit.  Who knew that nicotine blocked the absorption of caffeine?  Not me.  Should have done my homework.  Apparently when you stop smoking your body actually starts absorbing the caffeine and man have I been drinking a whole lot of it. 

So were the nicotine bugs really nicotine bugs?  Or just caffeine jitters?

Took a deep breath today, a big one.  NO coughing.  Very cool!

My Smoking Quote of the day:

Thank you for Not Smoking.  Cigarette smoke is the residue of your pleasure.  It contaminates the air, pollutes my hair and clothes, not to mention my lungs.  This takes place without my consent.  I have a pleasure, also.  I like a beer now and then.  The residue of my pleasure is urine.  Would you be annoyed if I stood on a chair and pissed on your head and your clothes without your consent?  ~Sign from Ken's Magic Shop

My rant is now over.

Day 8
I have now stopped smoking for 1 week, 13 hours, 47 minutes, 23 seconds.  At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 14 hours, 31 minutes, 4 seconds.

Cigarettes Not Smoked:  174
Money Saved:  $52.26
Future Value of Invested Savings:  $110.47

In My Lifetime

Number of cigarettes I have smoked:251,850
Total amount I have spent on cigarettes:$75,555.00
Forgone interest earnings on money spent:$99,115.28
Total cost of my past smoking:$174,670.28

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahahahaha at the peeing on someone! and so happy, you have no idea how much i enjoyed reading this! ty for sharing whats in your head and heart, i know its not easy....you never cease to amaze...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shop Vapesourcing,it offers a variety of vapor and e-cigarettes as an alternative to everyday cigarettes. Whether new to vapor cigarettes or have had experience in the past, Vapesourcing has an option for everyone. Buy good product in https://vapesourcing.com/smoant-ranker-tc-box-mod-218w.html

    ReplyDelete